Thursday, November 5, 2015

Reflection for our first physical theatre performance the box

We did our very first physical theatre performance. My group mates are Adam.I, Mohammed, and me. We were supposed to do a physical theatre based on frustration, and should be related and use a box. It was a little difficult as this was my first day of doing this performance even though everyone else was on their second day to practice (as I was absent for last two lessons). Plus in this physical theatre you are not allowed to communicate with your group mate during the performance but you were allowed to have a song.

At first when my group mate told me what I am supposed to do, I was pretty scared because I had to roll off the box. For me, it was a little hard action as it was a group of boys and I am not good at doing all those energetic movements. We also decided which song to do; we chose to do the song by Micheal Jackson which was called 'beat it'

We were the first ones to performe the show. ( as our name of the song starts with b.) I actually didn't know when to start but the sign for me to start moving was when Mohammed laid on top of the box. As I only had one lesson to practice, I confused myself even during the show which actually was hard for me to decide what I am supposed to do next. I had to remember each step we did in the practice. That seemed for me to work. Things that I can improve is not to stay in the way that audience's view as I just blocked my teacher's view in the performance today. I think we could have had more angry expression to show the frustration that is our theme.

Overall, I think we have done our performance fine but as I popped into the group today that gave us harder situation to work with. But I still think that our very first physical performance went quite well  and was good practice for our future performances.

1 comment:

  1. For being absent, I applaud you for trying to participate.
    Keep in mind that reflections shouldn't be what exactly went on during class, but thoughts about what you are doing, how you are doing it, why are you are doing it. Nice job, though, Runa! I need the video. So Please post that before I put a final grade.

    ReplyDelete